Required documents to attach to the demand that you must send to us:
- Certified copy of the judgment properly legalized ( with the apostille of the Hague, that is issued by the competent authority of the state from where the sentence proceeds) . This apostille is not necessary for judgments of some countries. In this case, translation of the judgment done by a certified interpreter, we take care of the translation because if it is done in Spain by a certified translator the translation does not have to be legalized.
- Certificate that the judgment is final.
- Certificate of the notification of the sentence to the defendant.
- If the divorce has been of mutual agreement, the legalized regulating agreement with the apostille of The Hague must be provided.
- Full marriage certificate.
- Full birth certificate of children if there is any.
- Full marriage certificate of the Spanish registry ( of the Spanish consulate of the country where it is registered, or of the Spanish Central Civil Registry )
- Special lawsuit powers for attorney ( legalized in the Spanish consulate and indicating the country to whom it is addressed)
- Legalized photocopy of the Identification card (DNI) or foreign identification card (NIE)