Verify the existence of treaty with the State from which the sentence comes from. In case that it doesn’t exist, the principle of reciprocity will be applied ( if the country of origin of the sentence grants value to the issued from the state before whom the exequatur is processed).
Verify the compatibility of the sentence with the laws of the Spanish State where it’s requested to be recognized.
- The matter object of the sentence must not be contrary to Spanish public order.
- The provided documents must be properly legalized ( by the judicial and/or diplomatic authorities of the country where it was dictated)
- Act the processes judicially, except in particular cases of direct registration in the Civil Registry
- That the part against whom the sentence is invoked has been notified according to the law.
- That the sentence is in execution according to the law of the granting state.